Monday, November 3, 2008

She's back!

According to the LiveDaily Blog, Lily Allen is releasing a brand new album in February 2008. I hope this isn't a tease and she's here to stay.

I love her sound and her music. I especially like the beginning of her "LDN" video when she asks the guy at the record store for electronica, punk, downbeat, dub, drum and bass music. You think she's gonna run down every freakin' genre of music that exists. It's pretty funny.

When I first heard Lily Allen's voice, I did a doubletake. I swear she sounded like an artist a coworker of mine turned me on to back in 1999, named Imani Coppola. Allen sounds almost identical to Coppola -- both in their tone of voice and their melodies.

Lily Allen has a groovy, new age jazzy, modern ska, pop sound to her music (I sound much like Lily Allen in her LDN video -- if the artist herself can't pinpoint her sound, how can I?). Some folks might compare Lily Allen to a blend of Amy Winehouse and Corinne Bailey Rae. Allen's music is very catchy and makes you want to groove to the eclectic beat.

No comments: