Monday, December 8, 2008

Hotel Cafe Tour - They're Back at Park West Again

My friend and I went to our third consecutive Hotel Cafe Tour at Park West on November 5, 2008 to see the talented line up of singer-songwriters that consisted of: Rachael Yamagata, Alice Russell, Jaymay, Meiko and Thao.

Rachael Yamagata is a talented singer who delivers her deep and emotional lyrics with passion and soul. She's got a Fiona Apple like sound with songs that simply draw you in from beginning to end. I first came across Rachael Yamagata in her local Chicago funk band Bumpus when I first moved to Chicago about seven years ago.

Meiko is another amazing singer-songwriter that performs her captivating melodic tunes while connecting the audience to her personal stories. Her voice is unlike anyone's I've heard. I look forward to her next song and story in her setlist each time I see her.

Another former Hotel Cafe Tour artist that came to Park West later that month on November 19, 2008 is Ingrid Michaelson. Ingrid sings her catchy descriptive tunes so gracefully. Her voice is so beautiful! I love her stories before each song. She makes me laugh too! She's got this adorable charm to her too! Ya gotta love her!

No comments: